Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tuesday Stuff

I give you John Oliver on last Thursday's "debate" here, saying the Trump/Kelly stuff won't mean anything in the end - hope he's right (oh, and here is more, just confirming that Fix Noise runs the Republican Party, as if anyone still had a doubt about that...and in a related story, as they say, I got a kick out of this)...



...and Rev. Al tells us about the absence of any questions on voting rights in that Republican farce from last Thursday – I don't always see eye to eye with Rich Galen, but I think he at least has a brain on this stuff...jeebus, give me a break on “Calgary” Cruz, willya?...



…and you know what? I have to tell you that I’m sick of all of the horseshit about that stupid “debate” on Thursday, which really is nothing but "bread and circuses" anyway. Instead, I’m going to give you a dose of reality from Bernie Sanders (more here – and after watching this, why the hell wouldn’t you support him?)…



...and this month marks the anniversary of the Watts riots in 1965 (here); here’s a tune for the occasion – strikes me that, in some ways at least, not a whole hell of a lot has changed in 50 years (also considering this).

No comments: