Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday Stuff

Happy 40th anniversary to Jaws (the movie, of course, not Peter Benchley's great book)...



...and while I'm on the subject of milestones, I just wanted to note that this month also marks the 10-year anniversary of this blog – I started out pretty much cutting and pasting Emails and promotional stuff from the Democratic Party, then I tried to do the pundit thing without linking to anything, then I tried to do the pundit thing again with more links to content from people smarter than I am to try and prove my point, then I tried to do the pundit thing with more analysis and research, then I tried to do all of that with more Democratic party promotional stuff for the sake of candidates I once liked (Patrick Murphy, Rush Holt, and yes, John Edwards), then I tried to do all of that with more videos, then some job stuff happened and I couldn't do all of that and had to stick to pretty much videos and not much else...and I guess that's pretty close to where we are now. I'd like to get back to creating more actual content with links to smarter people, but I can't see how at the moment – maybe someday.

So, with all of that boring meta stuff out of the way, allow me to put up one favorite clip (speaking of movies again) – if someone visiting this site takes absolutely nothing else away from it, I hope they take this...



…and this doesn’t have anything to do with politics, but I thought it was kind of fun – Happy Father’s Day (a naked mole rat?)…



…and I don’t really need to say a word about this, do I?

No comments: