Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday Stuff

I have some not-particularly-deep thoughts about this whole business with the Repug Party politicos now calling for taking down the “stars n' bars” over the state capitol of South Carolina.

First of all, the damn thing never should have flown over the capitol in the first place, so I don't understand why people like Willard Mitt Romney and Governor Nikki Haley are supposed to somehow get credit now for doing what they should have done long ago. Second, all of this has totally removed the gun issue, which remains a highly legitimate topic for discussion in all of this as far as I'm concerned, from the narrative courtesy of the news organizations with initials for names (as well as the Foxies of course) on this whole thing.

And speaking of race, I think it's hilarious to read the corporate media harrumphing over Obama using a word that is used against him in derision every day, maybe even every hour (here)...

...and say what you want, but as far as I'm concerned, Rev. Al knows how to get to the heart of this stuff, heartless as it is...



...and once again, leave it to a comedian to come up with a really good suggestion on this here (NSFW)...



...and this clip is about a month old, but I think it's timely in light of this...



...and I can't decide whether or not this song is a put-down of a particular mindset and attitude (which, you could argue, has spawned characters like this latest psycho Dylann Roof) or a celebration of the same – I report, you decide, as they say.

No comments: