Wednesday, March 19, 2014

#37, Scott DesJarlais (TN - 04)

As part of my “tribute” to the U.S. House Repugs and their 50 51 52 votes to repeal the Affordable Care Law...

I wish it could be said that all U.S. House Repugs opposing health care reform are truly facing electoral problems for 2014, but except for DesJarlais, I don’t think that’s apparent at the moment (love to be wrong). I guess the “line in the sand” for the Teahadists is when you betray them on “values” issues, as opposed to issues that actually impact their lives such as the sequester, jobs, health care, the environment, etc. (what a joke).

With that in mind, I give you this…
  • He was fined $500 for having affairs with patients here (he’s an OB-GYN, I believe).
  • Here, he apparently pressured one patient who was his mistress into getting an abortion (nice guy).
  • Here, he supported his ex-wife’s decision to have two abortions prior to their marriage (as far as I’m concerned, that should be kept in the family, but don’t parade yourself as a “family values” Republican if you have these skeletons in your proverbial closet, OK?).
  • Also according to Politico (above link), DesJarlais “lavished gifts” on one patient he had an affair with, including an expensive watch and plane tickets.
  • When even the chairman of the state’s Republican Party says that he doesn’t expect DesJarlais to be re-elected next year…well, I guess the “fat lady,” as they say, is getting ready.

    Update 1/31/14: Gee, aren't those pesky unintended consequences a real bitch, as noted here? Ha and ha...

    Update 8/26/14: I think the gene pool for some of the voters in Tennessee's 4th needs a lifeguard (here - grrrr...)

    No comments: