Monday, April 16, 2007

Just One Bad Day

I had been working on a post that I'd planned to submit earlier after one of the most hellacious driving experiences of my life due to the flooding in New Jersey today, but then I heard of the awful shootings at Virginia Tech University today on CNN (and the generic bubbleheaded brunette anchorperson wondering "where was campus security" while 32 people - latest count - were being slaughtered; I'm sure that campus is enormous, which makes that a particularly stupid concern given the scope of this tragedy).

Update: I apologize for being too rough on the CNN anchor; apparently there were shootings in a dormitory that preceded more shootings elsewhere on the campus by about two hours, and I believe she was asking about that.

So I'm sorry, but in light of this awful event, I don't think it's appropriate to yak about politics and the media today, even though this is going to put me behind on a few topics, including Smerky's latest nonsense.

Let's just keep the victims and all concerned in our thoughts and prayers, if we have that inclination, particularly if we know of anyone who has friends or family members in attendance at the university.

No comments: