Monday, March 05, 2007

One War Head Chooses Another

Let me try to get this straight, OK?

So we condemn North Korea’s missile launches and Iran’s pursuit of nuclear technology (even though Bushco is nuts as far as I’m concerned, AhMADinejad is pretty far gone too…sure the commenter will respond to that with a link to a site with Ahmadinejad’s writings or something), and we condemn Russia’s new militarism spent with that country’s burgeoning oil revenues (have to get around to a post on Putin one of these days – lots of stuff to tie together with this guy), but we tell India that it’s OK to pursue nukes even though they never signed the nonproliferation treaty, and of course we launched a war on a country reputed to have WMD that didn’t (in “State of Denial,” Woodward mentions that a team under “Spider” Marks tasked to find 946 sites, and none were found – and even Rumsfeld eventually admitted to Woodward that no one seriously believed that Iraq had a nuclear capability).

So on top of all of this chaos, what do we do?

Why, we select a design for the first new nuclear missile in over two decades, of course.

(and I’m sure the brand-new “Duck and Cover 2007” training films hidden in legislation funding No Child Left Behind will make their way to our schools shortly…).

And I almost forgot - we mustn't forget our "dear friends" the Chinese either (with a photo of Our Hero also)...

4 comments:

Rachel Wolf said...

Found you randomly, new to blogspot, hi!

My gawd, it is scary isn't? This hypocrisy, favoritism and most of all racism that affects us so deeply?

http://actdammit.blogspot.com/

doomsy said...

Indeed - thanks for the comment, and welcome. I just responded in kind at your site.

Rachel Wolf said...

I respect your comment on my site...and I too believe that non-violence SHOULD be the answer.

When it comes to suicide bombers, I respect the drive behind the act, the intent. The book I read recently talked about how the Black Panthers did in fact realize that non-violence meant death, death of the cause and also death of the individual.

I do work towards peace, I support peace-minded organizations and candidates for public office.

Anyway, thanks for being nice instead of flaming :)

doomsy said...

You're welcome - thanks for the clarification.