Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Rockin' With Johnny E.

I'm a little late on this, but after reading this Will Bunch post, I think Sen. John Edwards needs a little help here.

I haven't seen the Chevy ad Bunch refers to, and how can you not respect John Mellencamp for his support of progressive causes, but yes, I think Edwards needs to diversify his musical selection a bit to help get his message through.

So with that in mind, I'd like to see the senator choose from the following selections in the event that he is given a future opportunity to do so:

World Party (“Ship of Fools”)

Trapt (“Stand Up”)

Cake (“The Distance”)

Widespread Panic (“Hope In A Hopeless World”)

Soundtrack from “Pippin” (“Magic To Do/Corner Of The Sky”)

Laura Nyro (“Save The Country”)

Todd Rundgren (“Healer/Time Heals”)

Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes ("Wake Up, Everybody")

Jackson Browne ("World In Motion")

Weezer ("Buddy Holly" - helps to lighten up a bit)
I've already featured some of these selections on the site, and I'll try to show more of them in the future.

No comments: