Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Fun With Bill Donohue

I was a little curious about the guy making accusations against the two bloggers in the John Edwards campaign, so I checked around a bit on Bill Donohue, and came up with this comment about lesbians, as well as an assortment of hate speech here.

These items weren't highlighted by Media Matters, but I'd like to do so here.

- Regarding "The Passion Of The Christ" - "I'm pretty good about picking out who queers are and I didn't see any in the movie. I'm usually pretty good at that."

- I was also repulsed by Donohue's argument against stem cell research, stating that it would be like "serving human embryos at a cocktail party."
And Kagro X of The Daily Kos reminds everyone that, while today it is the Edwards team, tomorrow it will surely be the team of another Democrat that is targeted by the wingnuts, so we need to slap these cretins down.

Also, please allow me to go on the record once again concerning this vile individual.

I am a Roman Catholic, and it seems like everyone of my faith who pretends to speak the loudest for me is certifiably nuts.

Bill Donohue most certainly does not speak for me.

Finally, I'm going to consolidate the following from an earlier post since I added it on this topic to the Bill Lawhorn post earlier, but it really doesn't belong there.
__

(By the way, I updated this post after reading the New York Times story on the criticism by Bill Donohue of bloggers Amanda Marcotte and Melissa McEwan and the response from Atrios and Media Matters related to this item, and I get it now - sorry for the "duuuh" moment. I think the "let's wait and see" statement from Edwards spokesperson Jennifer Palmieri is OK and doesn't concern me; I give Edwards enough credit not to throw Marcotte and McEwan under the bus. We'll see.)

Oh, and by the way, CNN, if you're going to write about the story with Edwards and Donohue, try writing photo captions that actually make sense, OK?

Update: And Glenn Greenwald via Atrios points out here that if bloggers for Edwards are going to merit close scrutiny, then that should be the case for those on the Republican side also (I don't take shots at family members out of the public eye, and that's why the cheap shot at Chelsea Clinton is in particularly bad taste).

No comments: