Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Is Smerky Flickering Out?

I had attempted to post this as a comment to this post by Michael Smerconish at HuffPo, but there are some kind of server configuration issues going on that aren’t allowing me to do it, so here it is…

Uh, how do I say this exactly, Smerky?

In your attempts to divert attention from the issues that truly matter, such as the fact that
the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the U.S. has just departed with the boilerplate excuse of “wanting to spend more time with his family” while the Saudi king is telling our government that he may support the Sunnis in the Iraq civil war (and as Josh Marshall noted, the neocon crazies seem to want to take sides with the Shi'ites), you conjure up this silly non-story?

I know you did this last week to promote your book about Mumia Abu-Jamal and the murder of Officer Faulkner, but at least there was the timing coincidence of the 25th anniversary of Faulkner’s murder to support your self promotion. This, however, is a stretch even for you.

Despite that, I’ll briefly play your little game and point out that I know very well of a homeowner’s association where I live that requires display of white lights instead of colored ones outside of everyone’s homes (a silly rule, I know, but you have to agree to it when you sign on the dotted line).

Why don’t you go find out where Roger Waters is giving another concert so
you can harass him again for exercising his right of free speech?
Talk about a dim bulb…

No comments: