Monday, October 03, 2005

Bush Has Lost His Mind

(What little of it there is, anyway...)

There's a reason why Atrios and Kos are "the last word" among lefty bloggers. Here is the former's take on Bush's latest Supreme Court nomination.

HARRIET MIERS [according to John Podhoretz of The National Review]
I am going to assume that this is a classic Bush head-fake gambit. If I'm wrong, I will spend the weekend banging my head against a concrete wall. This is the Supreme Court we're talking about! It's not a job for a political functionary!
I'd link back to Podhertz's column, but I think "The Corner" pulled it.

And CNN reports that this woman isn't even a judge!

Any Democrat who DOESN'T challenge this should automatically forfeit his or her job.

Update 10/03: OK, someone set me straight that 30 other SCOTUS justices had not been judges (that number apparently came from Dubya himself, which means it deserves thorough scrutiny), including Rehnquist (not a glowing precedent as far as I'm concerned). The point remains, though, that Miers is still WAY too close to Dubya to be considered seriously.

Update 10/04: Here is more on Bush's nominee from David Sirota (anyone who is actually surprised by this should be encouraged to go stand on his or her head in a corner somewhere). Here is still more on Miers from Molly Ivins.

No comments: