Sunday, September 25, 2005

Reality Yes, Jingoism No

According to the police chief quoted in this report, about 100,000 people attended the march against the war on Saturday.

And maybe 400 people attended this glorified photo-op today.

Atrios also noted earlier today that the call went out to the right-wing propagandists to ante up some dough to support this misguided enterprise, and all that came back after they finished passing around the pot was about $600. Gee, I wonder if there’s a message there?

To all of the chicken hawks and everyone else listed under “The Dark Side” on this page (and you too, J.D.), I have only this to say:

The truth hurts, doesn’t it (yes, I know it’s not original, but it fits).

Update 1 9/26: Speaking of jingoism, boy, was I wrong about Gov. Mike Huckabee. Atrios has more information on that today (maybe Rove really did get to him after all).

Update 2 9/26: Thanks again to Atrios for sending me here and putting me wise to more on this (turns out my 100K number was low.)

No comments: