Monday, September 26, 2005

“86” That One, Frist!

In response to hard-hitting, probing questions regarding this story, the Republican senator from Tennessee had this to say:

Sen. From HCA: “I categorically deny those allegations. This sort of scandalous muck racking could lead someone to believe that my office is for sale, when in fact it cannot be bought at any price.”

Me: “I find that a bit hard to believe.”

Sen. From HCA: “Well then, would you believe that I can be had for a boatload of options for a biopharma startup and full deniability in the matter of my blind trust regarding this allegation and any that may arise in the future?”

Me: “Nope. I don’t think it would take that much.”

Sen. From HCA: “How about knowledge of the whereabouts of Garfield the cat? I’m a little out of practice on my experimentation techniques, if you know what I mean.”
Oh well, so much for my dumb tribute (in memoriam…Tennessee Tuxedo was my favorite, actually).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Motivate me now! Great site. Take a look at www.mindmint.com. Thanks.