Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Wednesday Stuff


I know I'm a little behind on this, but Beau tells us about how Repug KY Senator Rand (“Fake Ophthalmologist”) Paul (here) is now in favor of disaster relief after he was against it; I think Beau is right that it’s a fool’s errand to expect a life form like Paul to actually have a conscience one day (yes, we should help the people the commonwealth of Kentucky...we should help ANYONE in our country including territories who needs it)...



...and in this brief clip, Brian Tyler Cohen reminds us of what Paul said four years ago when Texas and Puerto Rico needed taxpayer-funded hurricane relief (easy to pontificate about spending $$ to help others when it’s not in your own backyard)...



...and Cenk and Ana tell us about the San Francisco restaurant not serving the cops who of course were armed...and I believe the restaurant was wrong not to serve the cops (and I give the restaurant credit for realizing that and trying to make things right), but I take issue here with Cenk a bit on police reform...yes, we need it, but as much as I want to bash the Dems for this, the problem is that anything even remotely related to reforming police is COMPLETELY POLITICALLY TOXIC! And is that the fault overall of Dem politicians? No, as far as I’m concerned (not when it comes to this). The problem is the fact that VOTERS ARE SWAYED LIKE UTTER SHEEP BY THE REPUGS ON THIS ISSUE!...



...and this Lincoln Project ad tells us about more ghoulish behavior from Texas Republicans; this time, a hotline for LGBTQ youth that can direct them to a suicide prevention number was shut down by Gov. Greg Abbott...



...and once more, I don't know about you, but I'm definitely in the mood for more seasonal selections after stories like that one.







No comments: