Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Tuesday Stuff


Rachel Maddow presents 1/6 Commission vice-chair Liz Cheney discussing text messages received by former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows in reference to the insurrection, including those from Hannity, Ingraham and Brian Kilmeade, as well as Donald Trump Jr. – by contrast, I offer this (and once more, Brianna Keilar of CNN’s clip) of the Republican propaganda network downplaying everything that took place, as per usual...



Update: Yeah, this figures, doesn't it?

...and Ana and John of TYT tell us that the Tennessee licensing board of medical examiners revoked a policy that punished doctors who spread COVID-19 misinformation from their website due to pressure from a conservative politician named John Ragan (more here - oh, but they “deleted” but did not “rescind” the policy...uh huh – suuuure)...



...and I have to tell you that I was utterly incensed by this story of the teachers in South Dakota who apparently went out to scramble for cash between periods of what looked like a hockey game...not mad at the teachers, I hasten to add, who are doing everything possible for their students I’m sure, but I sure as hell AM MAD at anybody who had anything whatsoever to do with forcing the teachers into a position where they actually had to participate in a degrading stunt like that (Mehdi Hasan, sitting in for Chris Hayes, gives us some important context)...



...and David Doel tells us about the six people who died during the collapse of Amazon’s Illinois warehouse who were forced to work while a tornado touched down near the building...I’m not at all sure that the answer was for the employees to be sheltered in some kind of tornado-proof facility, but they should have been allowed to leave the damn warehouse (I don’t agree with Doel’s drunk-driving example...and I don’t care how many contractors Amazon was using, though FTEs would have been preferable of course; I only mean that the warehouse should have had a disaster contingency plan for ALL workers regardless of whether or not some were contractors)...



...and I now give you more seasonal selections.







No comments: