Monday, March 08, 2021

Monday Stuff (updates)

(FWIW, I care ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the Oprah/Harry/Meghan Markle interview!)

David Doel tells us here about the wingnut preoccupation with 6 Dr. Seuss books that, allegedly, have bene “cancelled,” when In reality the estate just made the profit-driven decision to suspend publication, which they’re allowed to do; it tells you just how powerful the conservative noise machine truly is, unfortunately, that we’re paying attention to this at all as opposed to rejecting all of this for the rank stupidity that it is (and as the pic indicates, Theodor Seuss Geisel lampooned the “America First” movement back in the day; A.F. wasn’t totally conservative, but it was close)...



Update: Whatever comes after us may spend eons laughing over our stupidity (here).

Update 3/9/21: I was actually wondering if the Dems were going to respond to this idiocy...kudos to Tim Ryan for this...

...and speaking of rank stupidity, I give you this from Joy Reid, though that isn’t meant as a dig at her (there was a time when Michael Steele could have spoken out when he was part of the apparatus that he now criticizes, but I guess better late than never, and I have only a slightly better opinion of Charlie Sykes...between this, the Seuss stuff, the 1/6 insurrection and every Republican No vote on COVID relief...if Dems can’t make up halfway decent attack campaign ads next year, they might as well give up...more here)...



...and boy, do I respect the hell out of Ali Velshi for this; articulates how I also feel pretty damn well (in years prior to now, I spent a lot of time refuting right-wing B.S. – I don’t have the time to do that now, and I also don’t have the desire, to be honest)...



...and speaking of untruths, in this “Now This” video, Dem U.S. House Rep Julian Castro refutes the typically disgusting lie from Texas Gov. Greg Abbott blaming undocumented immigrants for the increase in COVID-19 cases in “the land of the yellow rose” – nah, OF COURSE it doesn’t have anything to do with Abbott’s ridiculous decision to get rid of that state’s mask mandate...



...and John I. and Bridget Todd tell us more on the allegations surrounding Repug U.S. House Rep Madison Cawthorn (yep, pure as the driven slush all right)...



...and I was probably a little early with the Meredith Brooks number for International Women’s Day, so let me include this also.

No comments: