Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Tuesday Stuff (updates)


(The pic has to do with this, by the way – if you choose to donate, you’re on your own with that one.)

Including this clip doesn’t mean that I suddenly deem Joe Scar to be some kind of an all-knowing oracle or anything close to that – he’d be doing us all a service if he’d shut his yap and let others like Willie G. and Mrs. Scar make a contribution, but that’s their problem. However, he has found the metaphorical nut on Wonder Boy Jared’s latest sickening insanity (I don’t want to image the bottomless pit of evil that allows life forms like him and that entire wretched family to fester)...



...and when it comes to the only story that truly matters for this year, aside from the election of course, David Pakman presents clips of Trump stooge Mark Meadows basically telling Jake Tapper that the regime of Our Orange Pustule has given up on COVID-19 (confirming what we all strongly suspected anyway)...



...and Rachel Maddow says here that Generalissimo Trump is “An epidemiological menace”; uh, yeah...




...and when it comes to illness, Farron Cousins tells us what’s up with that death eater Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao...to do something about him at long last (and please, Kentucky, for the love of God, don’t blow this), click here - to support more Dems running for the U.S. Senate, click here...



....and returning to the Trumpsters, Ana and Nando Vila of TYT tell us that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo wants Amnesty International, Oxfam etc. to be labeled as “Anti-Semitic organizations” (ridiculous for all of the reasons noted in the clip...more on this Elan Carr character is here)...



...and oh yeah, Amy “Coney Island Baby” Barrett was confirmed to the SCOTUS – completely and totally sucks, and yeah, it’s #midnightmoscowmitch wielding power because he can (he wanted Barrett to try and get rid of Roe and the ACA, and the Gropenfuhrer wanted her for the reasons David Doel tells us, but more importantly because he wants help with being allowed to welch on his debts yet again), but I have to say something – I don’t know if people like Doel, Cenk Uygur, Kyle Kulinski and David Sirota noticed the results of the 2019-2020 primary, but BERNIE SANDERS LOST! AND I SUPPORTED THE FREAKING GUY, AND IT DOESN’T MAKE ME HAPPY EITHER!!!

Do I like Schumer and Pelosi? Hell no! But the Democrats have a tricky dance to perform here in order to retain the power they have and (God willing) build on it in the White House and the Senate. And only someone truly delusional would think that they would have even the remotest chance of winning that trifecta by launching impeachment proceedings (again) against Trump and/or Bill Barr (though they would definitely deserve it).

The U.S. House Dem majority isn’t built on D+14 districts like AOC’s (nothing against her – she’s awesome as far as I’m concerned). THEIR MAJORITY IS BUILT ON SWING DISTRICTS!!!

Is that the fault of voters who (as far as I’m concerned) are clueless for the most part (in terms of their allegiance swaying like the wind blows, I mean)? Maybe. But while I can blame Schumer and Pelosi for a lot, I can’t blame them for that...



...and believe me when I tell you that I need a laugh after that last clip, and John and Francesca deliver with their take on the “fake Melanias,” which apparently is a thing...



...and hey, if we all just get totally fed up and decide to inflict mass carnage, we might as well listen to a jaunty, upbeat tune while we do so (just kidding of course).



Update: OK, maybe not the best musical selection given this I'll admit...don’t ask me about the whole story on this because I don’t know, though I also don’t know what else you can expect the cops to do when he’s waving a knife around, and there’s never an excuse for looting and vandalism (it should be noted, though, that there were peaceful protests also).

Update 10/29/20: As long as I decided to opine on the Walter Wallace shooting, maybe I shouldn’t have given it short shrift the way I did above.

My understanding is that there is body cam footage from the police, and that should be released. I’ve also heard neighborhood residents say he should have been shot in the leg or hit with a taser. Would that have stopped Wallace if he were intent on doing harm? I have no idea, and it might not be realistic to tell cops they automatically have to do that in a situation like this or they’ll face a reprisal. Again, I don’t know.

I DO know that this is not the Tamir Rice case. Or Philando Castile. Or Eric Garner. Or Breonna Taylor. Or Mike Brown. Or George Floyd. Or Trayvon Martin. And yes, investigate and ask questions, but understand that this is different (unless something dramatic is discovered to show something egregious was done by the cops).

Also, I think this case is another example where mental health professionals should have been called either along with (or in place of) police. Had that happened previously already? I don’t know (apparently cops were called on Wallace numerous times).

To me, part of the answer is increased funding for social services to help people like Wallace, including something to help cover the cost of medication that could have kept him alive. And you KNOW what kind of caterwauling would come in response to that, and who would be screeching the loudest.

Update 10/30/20: Ugh - here we go again (directed at the cops, I mean)...

No comments: