Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Wednesday Stuff


This video is a couple of weeks old, but I think it's still timely, especially with the upcoming deadline for the latest round of COVID-related support...in it, Robert Reich lays out pretty clearly why another round of properly targeted economic stimulus is needed, including the HEROES Act



…and John I. and Adrienne Lawrence of The Damage Report tell us about those insulting remarks from Repug FL U.S. House Rep Ted Yoho directed at AOC (as note here, Yoho, by the way, voted against the Emmett Till anti-lynching bill)…also, Yoho’s same-party playmate, U.S. House Rep Roger Williams of Texas, was apparently in on the “fun” also – Yoho’s seat looks pretty safe, unfortunately…I couldn’t find anyone running against him (what the hell is wrong with the people in FLA who support this clown?), and I don’t know about Williams either, but he has an opponent in this year’s election named Julie Oliver – to help her, click here



Update: So Yoho “apologizes” if some people misunderstood him, or whatever (here)? God, what a WATB! Man up and apologize the RIGHT way, you scumbag!

…and the only very minor criticism I have of this clip is that it doesn’t show Navy veteran Christopher David giving the finger to the jackbooted thugs who attacked him in Portland, which he had every right to do as far as I’m concerned…



…and yep, we definitely know how this ends, if we don’t do something about it of course (and, for the time being, I’ll put aside the fact that a lot of the characters in this group worked on behalf of Repugs like Reagan and Dubya who led us down this sorry path, since they’re doing good for now)…



…and I heard about the 15-year-old in Michigan referred to as “Grace” who has been incarcerated since May, and like many other people I suppose, I felt absolutely enraged…yes, she did wrong with the two prior assaults, but keeping her locked up all this time, especially when she has expressed remorse, is an abomination – I read somewhere that there’s some kind of ADHD going on with her, though I’m definitely not a clinician and I can’t speak to that with authority…and I have a question for this lunatic judge; OK, if she’s not in jail for missing a homework assignment (considered to be a parole violation) and she’s said she misses her mom and she’s learned what her mistakes were apparently, WHY THE HELL IS SHE BEING DETAINED??!! (I should note that we had the “Kids for Cash” scandal in our beloved commonwealth previously, and though that apparently isn’t going on here, I recall a video about how traumatic it was for kids of this age to be essentially behind bars – I honestly don’t know how much of this is racial versus this judge simply being out of her mind)…



…and I hope you’re in the mood for an uplifting new tune, because I definitely am (proceeds for purchase of the song go to Civil Rights Advocacy and Color of Change).

No comments: