Friday, July 24, 2020

Friday Stuff


I totally get it that, at times, we get exhausted with what I guess you could call “scandal fatigue” concerning Our Pumpkin Pestilence, but even by his guttural standards (for lack of a better word), I think leaning on the Brits to get a major golf tournament at one of his resorts is pretty despicable, to say nothing of cartoonish, as Rachel Maddow explains (hmmm…wasn’t he impeached by the U.S. House for trying to do the same thing with Ukraine? Hard to keep track with the cesspool of grift and incompetence)…



..and I know there are people, including this bunch, having fun with that five-word test that Mango Mussolini is bragging about (which is used to test dementia…and this orange pustule has the nuclear codes…), but I thought this was a much more spot-on ad, sadly…



…and as I watch this, I have a feeling that I should brush up on the last days of the Weimar Republic (apropos use of The Sainted Ronne R. also, I must say)…



…and this Meidas Touch video is probably a bit repetitive, but still very important IMHO (I’m including it partly because it mentions the Ghislaine Maxwell comment, which some, including Ana Kasparian and Dana Bash, have called a signal to Maxwell meaning that Trump will take care of her if she keeps her mouth shut, which I think is correct given the fact that 45 is basically a mobster anyway and that’s how they seem to operate...I'd like to see comparable ads from the Dems, by the way, saying what they would do if they were returned to power, an outcome we all have to work for this November)…



…and Farron Cousins tells us how our utterly useless corporate media is suddenly in love with the “new tone” of the Gropenfuhrer (pardon me while I retch)…



…and Thom Hartmann tells us about Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao playing games with people’s lives again, among other notes about the monstrous dereliction of legislative duty from the “party of Lincoln,” to say nothing of the insanity in Repug-run states (yep, more reasons for M4A...and to do something about the Senate Majority Leader, click here)…



…and I think it’s safe to say that, at the moment, Dem U.S. House Rep Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is pretty much owning the news cycle for her takedown of Repug U.S. House Rep Ted Yoho and his ridiculous attempt at an apology for his contemptible words and actions – all of this is definitely overdue against Yoho and those of his ilk…Charlie Pierce said on Twitter that this reminded him a bit of Michael Jordan at UNC perfecting his game before he got to the pros, and I thought that was a pretty damn spot-on analogy…whether or not Nancy Pelosi likes it, AOC is becoming the face of the congressional Democratic Party, and maybe the party overall eventually, and if Pelosi had any brains, she would just let it happen and get out of the way…the Dem U.S. House Speaker, by the way, should continue to feel like an utter fool for that “glass of water” remark she made about AOC awhile back…clip is briefly NSFW/H, but for a very good reason…somehow I think it’s going to be a loooong time before Yoho or any of his other Repug playmates engage in an action like this ever again, because they know exactly what will happen if they do…



…and since it’s a summer Friday, I think it’s time for a brainless but fun little tune.

No comments: