Saturday, July 25, 2020

Saturday Stuff (update)


Farron Cousins tells us that Mango Mussolini’s attacks on Joe Biden’s mental health aren’t working – yeah, the former VP has slipped a bit for sure, but he’s still got enough on the ball to do the job as far ar as I’m concerned, and he isn’t a narcissistic sociopath like the current occupant of An Oval Office…



…and I suppose the best way I can pay tribute to the late, great Michael Brooks is by continuing to shine light on the causes for which he advocated, and one of them was genuine democratic reform in Brazil…as I’ve said, I’m definitely not an expert in Brazilian politics, but I DO know, like a lot of others I realize, that our government has been interfering in Latin America on behalf of U.S. business conglomerates for decades, and only a fool would argue otherwise, going back to John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles staging a coup in Guatemala on behalf of the United Fruit company in 1954 (here) – not hard to connect the dots from the present until now, and as Brooks alluded to, such interference really is a bipartisan political offense…



…and I came across another homemade video about the so-called TRUST Act from Willard Mitt Romney, the latest ridiculously named effort to gut Social Security…yes, it’s bipartisan – Joe Manchin is going along with it because of course he is, and wish Doug Jones wouldn’t, but he’s truly in a political dogfight and he’s got to head off Tuberville and the Repugs every way he can…the mystery to me, though, is Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, who, as far as I’m concerned, may be the biggest Dem congressional disappointment of them all...to view a list of the contested U.S. Senate races, please click here



…and this summer tune is actually 50 years old today – wicked sideburns, dude!



Update 7/26/20: And for no reason in particular, I give you this (very NSFW/H, but for a good reason).

No comments: