Friday, July 03, 2020

Friday Stuff


Chris Hayes demonstrates what for yours truly is the plainly obvious fact that this country is a “national laughing stock” before the whole world on COVID-19 of course…



…and to give you an example of how we ended up in this sorry state, Brian Tyler Cohen gives us this clip of Neil Cavuto talking with Repug U.S. House Rep Andy Biggs, basically laughing off all of the COVID-19 devastation in his home state of Arizona, to the point when even Cavuto gets fed up (oh, and ha ha, here is more “hilarity”)…



…and in a related vein (when it comes to the person chiefly responsible for this mess, who actually said this also - typical for him, though), this clip is slightly NSFW/H, but I still think it’s a great ad…



…and no, I’m not happy that Amy McGrath won and Charles Booker lost in the Dem KY U.S. Senate primary, but we are where we are, as Cenk and Ana of TYT tell us (and we need to support McGrath now of course) – one aspect of this that worries me for the fall is that McGrath, despite the ridiculous spending advantage she had as well as media coverage, still lost the two biggest counties in the commonwealth of Kentucky, and that would be Jefferson and Fayette, which of course are predominantly African American and voted for Booker…it’s going to take some imagination and a decided swing to the left to bring the Booker voters onboard, and I just don’t see the Dem “axis of fail” (referring to the Beltway corporate media/political insiders who do a very effective job of LOSING elections for Democrats, favored by Schumer and Pelosi of course) being able to pull that off…I have a feeling that they’re wetting themselves over the prospect of attacks of being “too liberal” coming from Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao, which will happen anyway regardless (and believe me when I tell you that I’d love to be wrong about all this – would be nice to get some GOOD news on this stuff for a change)…



…and RIP Hugh Downs, another longtime icon of TV who recently passed (Downs apparently favored legalizing recreational weed also, which I thought was interesting)…



…and speaking of “grass” of another type, I feel like I need upbeat tunes more and more with all of the raging insanity, and I think the time is right for this one.

No comments: