Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Tuesday Stuff


This ad from Vote Vets pulls absolutely no punches, nor should it - punish our *president,* everyone who allowed this ruinous administration to ever exist, and anyone who continues to allow it to act with impunity…



…and speaking of the Gropenfuhrer, doesn’t it make you happy to learn that he thinks COVID-19 is an “artificial” problem (to the extent that he even “thinks” at all – Ana and Cenk of TYT explain)…



…and I give Thom Hartmann credit for reminding us of the history of what led up to this (dealing with Republicans and what I guess you would call “transactional power”…not the biggest fan of “vision statements,” but yeah, for someone in public life, I agree with Thom…and for more on what he is talking about at the end, I definitely recommend this book – clip is from 6/17)…



…and I thought this was a particularly interesting clip from David Doel about what Door Dash, for example, is doing to support BLM on the one hand but fighting California labor law on the other…



…oh, and don’t hold your breath waiting for these two lunatics in St. Louis to be prosecuted for waving their guns at protestors, who, as far as I can determine, were peaceful and not breaking any laws (more here - I think I saw something on Twitter saying that these two are lawyers – if they were any other skin color, how much longer do you think they’d be breathing before the cops finished them off?)…



…and celebrities come and celebrities go I realize, but a giant has truly left our midst, and I’m referring to Mr. Carl Reiner, featured in this Conan O’Brien clip talking about The Dick Van Dyke Show (here is a link to a particularly funny episode IMHO featuring Reiner in his younger days)…



…and sticking with artistic geniuses, I think these are truly important words from Mr. Stevie Wonder – “A movement without action is a movement standing still” indeed, though, to be fair, we have seen plenty of action over the last month or so, and we all need to keep at it…



…and if ever there was a Stevie Wonder song aimed right at Our Orange Pestilence, I think it would be this one.

No comments: