Thursday, May 28, 2020

Thursday Stuff (updates)


I would say that that number, in all of its infamy, speaks for itself...



And I can tell you right now how the Repugs are going to try to spin this for Our Orange Pestilence as we get closer to the fall; those horrible, mongrel Chinese infected our country with COVID-19 (tongue in cheek – remember how much of our stinking debt they hold that we gave them out of our sloth and stupidity), Joe Biden is their plaything, and that “Democrat Party” kept our country in shut down to help Biden and hurt Trump…BUT LOOK! OUR EXALTED HIGH LEADER IS BRINGING OUR ECONOMY BACK! LOOK AT THE STOCK MARKET REBOUNDING!!! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

And the REALLY pathetic part is that it may actually work, even if we manage to lose ANOTHER 100,000 willing to “die for the Dow.”

So now that I’ve completely and utterly depressed you, I now give you this clip from Rachel Maddow that I admit is now a few days old of states that just aren’t getting the picture when it comes to the spread of the pandemic…



… and yes, as far as I’m concerned, the officer who knelt on the neck of George Floyd (in this Now This clip) should be tried for murder, and the other three officers are accessories, but throwing rocks at cop cars is just an invitation for violence also (tear gas in response I can see, but rubber bullets?)…protests are otherwise completely warranted – still incredible to me that this year’s version of the Teahadists can threaten government officials with impunity, but merely the potential for violence against a person of color (for a suspected forgery?) can be a death sentence...and oh yeah, there's also this



Update: I was never sold on Klobuchar as a potential Biden VP candidate, but she absolutely should be toast for this.

Update 6/9/20: My apologies for the earlier remark condoning tear gas (here).

…and Sam and Nomiki Konst of “The Majority Report” talk about Amy Cooper in Central Park having a total freak out against Christian Cooper (no relation)…sorry, but yeah, this shows that there are plenty of racists ABOVE the Mason-Dixon line too…



…and in a related vein, Thom H. talks with Bakari Sellers, author of “My Vanishing Country” and former aide to Dem U.S. House Rep James Clyburn (I could do without Sellers' brand of Zionism, though, I have to admit...looks like they fixed the sync)…



...and RIP drummer Jimmy Cobb, the last surviving member of the "Kind of Blue" sessions with Miles Davis.

No comments: