Monday, December 09, 2019

Monday Stuff


(By the way, I cannot locate for the moment a video on the Pensacola Navy shooting and the suspect in custody who's apparently a radicalized Saudi – at least, I can’t track one down that doesn’t include Mango Mussolini – but I’ll keep trying, and if I can find something, I’ll put it up here.)

Apparently Bill Hemmer is going to get the slot on Fix Noise formerly held by Shep Smith (here), which, as far as I’m concerned, is yet another indicator that what passes for legitimate journalism on that network is on the equivalent of life support with a thread of a pulse (basically, if Chris Wallace goes, they’ve flat lined in that regard)…



…and normally I don’t put up videos of hosts speaking with callers unless they’re particular subject matter experts on something, but I thought this was a great exchange between Thom Hartmann and a gentleman from North Carolina about taxation and the economy of this country vs. Scandinavia (and bless you for supporting expanded health care, Barry)…



…and I know I put up the Michael Brooks video on Hillary Clinton and Howard Stern last Friday, but I happen to know of a particularly ridiculous Twitter spat or two that broke out over the weekend blaming Bernie Sanders for this somehow, and I think David Doel quite rightly brings the receipts on this whole thing, you might say – don’t think I’ve ever seen him so disgusted, and for good reason (and as for Stern, one of the reasons why he may just be the best interviewer out there is that he manages to get scalps, you might say, and he did it here with HRC)…



…and I absolutely cannot let this day pass without wishing a happy 103rd * (!) birthday to a true patriot and hero in our midst, and that would be none other than the one and only Kirk Douglas; he helped to break the Hollywood black list by hiring Dalton Trumbo to write the screen play for this movie (and credit also to Otto Preminger for hiring Trumbo to do the same for Exodus)…



...and it's time once more for some holiday selections.







...and I know I'm a day late with this selection, but I still didn't want to forget it.

No comments: