Thursday, December 12, 2019

Thursday Stuff


(I know I said earlier in the week that I couldn’t find a video on the Pensacola shooting that gave the context I was looking for – also, I know there was another mass shooting in Jersey City recently, though it looks like the details are still being sorted out. Well, Dem U.S. House Rep Ro Khanna, who continues to impress, gave a speech in response to the rubber-stamped-by-U.S.-House-Dems defense budget including the Gropenfuhrer’s “Space Force” and MORE $$ for defense…what he said in protest was spot-on big time, and if I can find something on it, I’ll put it up here - I’d be shocked if Kyle K. didn’t have a video on it.)

In the meantime, Farron Cousins tells us here about a video featuring impeachment-butt-hurt Trumpsters in Hershey, PA “talkin’ ‘bout a revolution,” you might say, and I think Cousins’s response is spot-on…



Update: Yeah, there always seems to be more to this stuff (here).

…and David Doel shows us AOC doing what she does best, and that is to stick up for working people in this country, on the issue of paid parental leave in particular here (not surprised at how well Iceland is managing this stuff…and I understand Doel’s point about the idiocy of putting this family leave bill in an “omnibus” bill of sorts, but hey – let’s thank everyone in this country who stupidly votes for Republicans and makes us settle for half a loaf, as it were, which is probably appropriate context for what Khanna said also…as Atrios sez, we do so love our children, don’t we?)…



...and here are more seasonal selections, including a number I haven't put up here in a little while.







No comments: