Monday, July 01, 2019

Monday Stuff (updates)


(Here is some important information on the pic from Canadian cartoonist Michael De Adder; as usual, it doesn’t matter how factually wrong you may be, but DON’T YOU DARE EVER OFFEND A CONSERVATIVE!)

(Of course, the real joke here is the notion that the Gropenfuhrer has any ideological fealty whatsoever to ANYTHING besides his own wallet, but I digress.)

To begin, Brian Tyler Cohen tells us about Shep Smith of Fix Noise showing commendable humanity on the issue of the pic of the drowned Óscar Alberto Martínez Ramírez and his daughter Valeria (of course, Smith makes it sound like one side is engaged in a reasonable discussion with the other on this issue as opposed to the utter lunacy of the “party of Lincoln,” but we’re talking about Fox, so it’s all about baby steps…and in a related story…what country am I living in again?)…



…and speaking of The Roger Ailes Network, it looks like one of its displaced alums, none other than Billo The Clown, weighed in on the issue of reparations recently with typically comic results as noted here (and no, I'm also not sold on the idea of reparations to be honest, but then again, I'm not going to lay this whole lack of "personal responsibility" crap on anyone over it either)...makes me want to bring back this item from 6/30/15 in which O’Reilly’s lackey Jesse Watters did his trolling best to ridicule people down on their luck for whatever reason…and yeah, you guessed it – time once more for “This Day In Doomsy History” (more or less)…



Update: I went back and watched this segment again and I forgot how rancid it truly was (I think that comment about “plush homeless shelters” from that fathead Watters is what set me off all over again).

Here is a response from the time the clip originally aired, and here is a bit of an update. Yes, Mayor de Blasio and Governor Cuomo have a lot more to do about this problem, but I think you can safely forget about any assistance of any worth whatsoever from O’Reilly and Watters, who, then as now I’m sure, only want to try to score cheap “culture war” points over people genuinely in need of at least some measure of help.

Update 7/2/19: Truly he finds a new "bottom" every single day, and I mean Number 45 of course, though Tucker isn't far off either I'll admit (here).

Update 7/6/19: If Watters wants to "detoxify" anyone, he should start with himself (here).

…and Farron Cousins tells us about our Treasonous, Tiny-Handed Orange Dictator trying to discourage other world leaders from doing anything about climate change…



…and kudos to Emma Vigeland of TYT for this; as I’ve said, you couldn’t pay me enough money to live in Florida – putting aside the wingnut insanity, the whole damn state will be underwater barring consequential future action (and by the way, on the subject of wingnut climate-related insanity, I also give you this)…



…and I’m going to put aside for a moment the idiocy of a whiteboard presentation indicating that “opinion” and “option” have the same spelling…aside from that, I thought this was about as good of an analysis on Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage as our corporate media can present (M.A. to me was always a Trojan Horse meant to ultimately abolish traditional Medicare for ideological reasons)…yes, we should ultimately enact Medicare for All, but it should be phased in, and yes, I know that means all kinds of lefty caterwauling out there, but the battles over the ACA will be nothing compared to what will happen when trying to pass MFA – if it happens at all, it definitely will not happen anytime soon; nobody is going to just throw a switch and voila!, we’ve done it – the usual corporate suspects will typically spend stupid money on campaigns of OMIGOD! THOSE DASTARDLY LIBERALS AOC AND ILHAN OMAR AREN’T JUST SATISFIED WITH TAKING YOUR MEAT AND AIRPLANES! THEY'RE BRINGING BACK DEATH PANELS! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!…



…and as long as we’re focused on North America, I think we should extend best wishes to our neighbor to the north (here); here is a tune from a Canadian icon (another one besides Michael De Adder, that is).

No comments: