Sunday, March 31, 2019

Sunday Stuff


I want to give you a bit of insight as to what it’s like to be a Roman Catholic in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia these days.

I attended services a few weeks ago at my parish in Bucks County, and there was an announcement at the end of the service that they would be hosting a screening of the film “Gosnell” (here) about the insane monster masquerading as a physician who was convicted on numerous criminal counts including first-degree murder and 21 felony counts of illegal late-term abortions. The screening would be held the morning of March 9th in the school cafeteria. And yes, we’re talking about showing a movie about this butcher in an elementary school on a Saturday morning to an audience of grade school kids.

As if that isn’t repugnant enough, this evening at services, I heard a promotion for the alleged movie called “Unplanned” about someone’s experiences supposedly running a Planned Parenthood center in Texas (more here...apparently this is showing in area theaters).

I am purposely not mentioning the name of the church that I attended because I don’t want to say anything that could possibly denigrate it in any way. Also, I believe the pastor is a good man trying hard to do the right thing, and I don’t want to say anything to negatively impact him either.

Besides, I believe the orders for all of this stuff are coming from “downtown,” as it were. And I’m laying all of this hateful crap at the feet of this guy.

Do you want to know why there’s a push for this NOW? Because it’s Lent, when people who aren’t regular churchgoers (and I guess I’m in that category a bit…mea culpa) are likely to come back to attend Mass leading up to Easter. Also, I would argue that this is happening because the Catholic Church sees an opportunity to drive a stake through the metaphorical heart of Roe v. Wade once and for all now that “Schlitz” Kavanaugh has been installed as a member of the Supremes.

Either way, this stinks. And as always, the only issue the Church cares about any more is ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION and, in case you somehow didn’t get the message already, ABORTION. Also, you can forget about me linking to anything related to the theaters showing “Unplanned”; I’m not going to make any effort to give this propaganda any traffic whatsoever.

However, if you’d like something approximating a more even-handed treatment of what Planned Parenthood REALLY does as far as I’m concerned, I’d like to offer this instead…



…and I give you Brian Tyler Cohen on Adam Schiff’s response to attacks aimed at him and the attempted whitewash by AG Bill Barr on the Mueller Report (and we already knew Devin Nunes was a disgusting, repugnant character typical for the Trumpster ilk, but I guess he was making jokes and some other stupid remarks while Schiff was talking…what a POS)...



…and gee, maybe we ought to do something about this climate change thing (by the way, I don’t know what the hell Pap means when he talks about what AOC is “projecting” at about 4:15, though he and Farron Cousins are right about Republicans jumping on their BS framing of an issue ahead of the Democrats, along with the typical lying nonsense of the Gropenfuhrer saying you won’t be able to watch TV if the wind isn’t blowing, or crap like that…and by the way, Catholic Church, if you want to speak out on something besides ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION, maybe this would be a good issue for you also…you know, the whole “stewards of the earth” thing…)…



…and RIP Ranking Roger of The English Beat.

No comments: