Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Tuesday Stuff


(Note: I’ll admit that I’m behind when it comes on the Dem presidential campaigning stuff…I don’t know whether or not Joe Biden was a little inappropriate with touching some women, which to me sounds like a tempest in a proverbial tea pot especially in comparison to the Gropenfuhrer – if you don’t like Biden for other reasons, I get it, but this stuff so far sounds weak…and I’m wondering where it could be coming from, even though all signs point to the Bernie Sanders campaign – love him on policy, but I think he needs to clean up a lot of this stuff among his ranks – and believe me when I tell you that I hope I’m wrong; I also have tried to stay out of this because I think it’s pointless to obsess over every little bit of what our corporate media decides is important…from what I can gather, Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris sound like the most serious candidates on policy so far, but the white guys including this Indiana mayor are the ones getting all of the attention, which is sadly typical I know…I’m afraid we’re looking at about another 18 months of ridiculous distraction, including some “Never Trumpers” who say our Russian Operative at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue has already won his second term based on these way-too-early signs, which tells me what these people are really all about after all, and I DEFINITELY don’t meant that in a good way.)

OK, with that admittedly boring bit of “meta” stuff out of the way, It looks again like the “party of Lincoln,” with its Treasonous, Tiny Handed Orange Demented Lunatic-in-Chief, is once again teeing up health care as the main issue in 2020 with their cruel stupidity, as Kyle explains (without denigrating the media over covering the Mueller investigation, which is a welcome change…NSFW)…



…and speaking of cruel stupidity when it comes to health care, this is easily one of the most heartbreaking stories I’ve ever seen – my very deepest sympathies go out to the brave Curtis family of Indiana for the loss of their daughter, and all because medical pot isn’t legal in that state…we’re wasting our time in this country with the political horserace BS and dwelling on every single lie from our ruling cabal of criminals (don’t ignore them, but maybe just keep a running list online somewhere being refuted with reality – not sure what else to do), when THIS, climate change and common-sense gun laws are some of the stories we should be focusing on instead…



Update: OK, I admit that I opened a bit of a door previously, so to be fair (and also since it pertains to Indiana), I should include this.

…oh, and don’t look now, but The Supremes under Hangin’ Judge JR just went a long way towards destroying the 8th Amendment of the Constitution recently in the case noted here, led by Neil Gorsuch (once more, great coverage on the legal stuff by Ian Millhiser)…the subject here is difficult I’ll admit; it has to do with someone convicted of murder and sentenced to die, but he’s trying to dictate the terms of his sentence because he suffers from vascular tumors that could exacerbate his execution.

Here’s a big part of the problem; a lot of the drug makers offshore know that, in this country, we use their products to kill people, and they don’t want any part of it. So we’ve had to come up with all kinds of ways to put people to death using painkillers of questionable reliability which, in Justice Elena Kagan’s words (and as Millhiser tells us), left death row inmates with “the feeling of being burned alive.”

And I’m not trying to garner any sympathy whatsoever for Russell Bucklew, who was convicted of a brutal murder 23 years ago. But since we’re talking about the Supremes here (basically, the highest appeals court that there is), we’re talking about creating a legal precedent (if someone dies by being “burned alive” today…well, what kind of punishment will they decide to inflict tomorrow? And, if we don’t know how to kill someone in a medically efficient way that ACTUALLY ISN’T TORTURE, can’t we just default to life in prison instead?).

I don’t know the answer to these questions. At a minimum, though, I think we should be talking about them, particularly since our now-solid conservative majority on the Court thinks that inflicting something akin to resurrecting the Inquisition is no big deal.

Oh, and with that in mind, I should note that “I Like Beer” Kavanaugh wondered why we couldn’t just kill the guy by firing squad instead.

You know, kind of like this (from “Paths of Glory,” the finest anti-war film ever made IMO)…



…and making things a little less heavy for the moment, I bring you this commentary from David Pakman about Chris Wallace of Fix Noise briefly standing up against his own network’s BS on what led to the Mueller probe…I’m not sure that we’ll ever see a clean, un-redacted version of Mueller’s report, though we should keep fighting for it of course – I would think it would be a hell of a campaign issue if we don’t, but there is literally so much other crap to dig through from our ruling cabal of traitors that I’m afraid it might get lost in the noise; I take absolutely nothing for granted for 2020, and neither should anyone else…



…and gosh, it looks problematic as to whether or not longtime wingnut shill Stephen Moore may actually make it to the Federal Reserve Board (Maddow once showed up Moore on “Real Time,” which was totally deserved because, as usual, Moore was lying his ass off)…



…and with the weather starting to get a little nicer around here, I thought I’d offer this selection – a little more upbeat and fun-filled I hope.

No comments: