Monday, October 22, 2018

Monday Stuff


I’ll admit that I’m having a hard time keeping up with the stories from our “allies” the Saudis and MBS about the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi – like you, I heard about “rogue killers” who somehow were credentialed and allowed access inside the embassy where Khashoggi was murdered, then a story about an interrogation that somehow went badly (complete with bone saws)…and now, it looks like a body double was employed to cover up everything (here).

I have a pretty good idea of how a sane, adult, responsible president would have handled this (sanctions maybe, holding up an arms deal, and helping to mobilize international condemnation for starters).


But of course (thanks to people like the life form above), we’ll have to wait for that, at a minimum, for two more years, apparently…



…and it looks like Generalissimo Trump was guilty again of a little “mansplaining” on the upcoming mid-term elections, as Stephen Colbert tells us (including the U.S. Senate contests as noted here)…



…and with the mid-terms in mind, Robert Reich has a message for millennials (I think the registration deadline has passed in a few states by now as well as in PA – more info is here)…



…and if I could vote in The Sunshine State, I would definitely vote in favor of Amendment 4 (and I think this is a particularly great ad…more here)…



…and Farron Cousins tells us that Laura Ingraham is apparently still having trouble getting advertisers after attacking the Parkland, FL shooting survivors and her “summer camp” garbage about kids detained by ICE (you know what they say about paybacks, don’t you?)…



…and I have to admit that I’m chastising myself a bit because I failed to note the passing earlier this month of legendary Beatles recording engineer Geoff Emerick, who helmed “Sgt. Pepper,” “Abbey Road,” and “Revolver,” including this number.

No comments: