Sunday, April 08, 2018

Sunday Stuff


I had to drop off the grid a bit over the last few days for unexpected family reasons and I may have to do so again over the coming days – not sure yet…

…anyway, here is our periodic reminder that we need sane, responsible gun laws in this country…


…and in a somewhat related story as far as I’m concerned, Mike Papantonio and Farron Cousins of ”Ring of Fire” talk about what I would call racism in reporting…



…and I don’t know what it says about lawmakers in Tennessee who apparently don’t realize that The Onion is a satirical web site – vote them all out so they’ll have plenty of time to read more about it, you might say…


…and Kyle K. tells about another one of those evangelical frauds, Ralph Drollinger, who apparently forgot about the Bible passages saying we should be stewards of the earth (here – NSFW)…



…and as long as we’re talking about science a bit, I thought I should be a little more upbeat here and include this video about Prof. Stephen Hawking’s final gesture on earth (I have no doubt that he’s roaming the cosmos at this moment)…


…and I don’t know how many more times RT is going to come to the McCarter Theater in Princeton (his most recent one was his 20th since 1985), but he knocked ‘em dead again last Friday night (with guest Joan Shelley, who was also excellent), with a great set that included this recently-dusted-off number.

No comments: