Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday Stuff


(Russert had his issues, but there were plenty of times, like this one, where he was "on the beam" too.)

I guess, given all the kerfuffle at the “nerd prom” on Saturday, I’m almost obligated to comment on it somehow, so here’s a NowThis video on comedienne Michelle Wolf…


…as well as Farron Cousins of Ring of Fire (more here, here, here, here, and here – basically, I’ve spent so much time and wasted so many calories – and probably killed a few brain cells – documenting wingnut outrage that I honestly can’t believe that there are some who claim to be on our side who keep falling for this con over and over...and how predictable is this anyway? And I thought this was noteworthy also.)…



(Oh, and as long as I’m on the subject, here’s a “hot take” I’m sure nobody cares about, but I’ll lay it on you anyway. I don’t know what the hell Joy Reid said in prior blog posts, and I don’t care...well, I care very little in the context of the good work Reid has done. The only slight qualm I have with her is that, when in doubt, she and her network tend to marginalize people like Cenk and TYT, Sam Seder, and Kyle Kulinski under the guise of allegedly being a progressive. However, she has to make a living at The Comcast Network, and I know that’s just the price of doing business, sadly. In her favor, she’s fought the good fight plenty of times, and if anybody out there has forgotten that, then they’re stupid. Besides, I GUARANTEE you that, if you’re enough of a masochist to go back through almost 8,000 posts at this site and about 936 at the Wordpress site, you WILL find something objectionable that I’m not proud of, and I’m sorry about that. When you put your opinion out there for better or worse, that’s the price you have to pay sometimes, and I wish Reid’s detractors would keep that in mind.)

…and speaking of Cenk and TYT, he talks with progressive Andrew Sneathern, running in VA’s 5th congressional district which includes Charlottesville – yeah, I think electing a progressive for that district is a great way to extend a middle digit on high to all of the tiki-torch-bearing neo-nazis and other crazies who protested last August…



…and if this isn’t a warning to Dems, I don’t know what is; try coming up with concrete policy proposals, please (and John Jackson is totally wrong, but this gives you an idea of what we’re up against…of course, if our utterly useless corporate media were doing their jobs instead of looking for the fainting couch in response to a woman comedian at that stupid dinner, then voters might know that, but we also can’t use that as an excuse)…


…and this CBC report tells us about the so-called “migrant caravan” on its way to this country (which of course will be met with the predictable outrage from the Gropenfuhrer and his pals, including the subject of this post)…



…and happy 85th birthday to the one and only Willie Nelson.

No comments: