Friday, April 27, 2018

Friday Stuff


I didn’t think it was possible for Mr.-Puppy-Dog-Eyes-With-The-Shiv to sink any lower than he already has, but somehow he managed to do it in getting rid of the Jesuit chaplain of the U.S. House (more here and here…and any word from this guy about it, by the way?)…



…and it looks like our Tiny-Handed, Treasonous Orange Dictator went on Fix and Fiends and made an ass out of himself yet again recently, as Michael Brooks of The Majority Report tells us (more here)…



…and The Guardian provides a primer on the 25th Amendment – I think we’re definitely “in the zone” for that, but it will never happen with anyone from the “party of Lincoln” currently taking up space in our nation’s capital; the grift is apparently still good business, good of the country be damned of course…



…and GREAT work by Arizona teachers here…


…and this video is at least a week old, but I think it’s instructive in pointing out how Arizona and other states have ended up in such dire fiscal circumstances, to the point where teachers have to take matters into their own hands (titled “When Tax Cuts Failed,” discussing Sam Brownback and Kansas – to me, that begs a question: when have tax cuts actually ever succeeded, in helping anyone but the ultra-rich I mean? And yeah yeah, I know some businesses made upgrades, but the whole damn scheme was still a flop - a related story is here)…



…and nice work by Dem U.S. Sen Kirsten Gillibrand, proposing post office banking for all, as John and Cenk of TYT tell us…



…and given the events of yet another bonkers week, Seth Meyers tries to sum up Generalissimo Trump’s thoroughly incoherent foreign policy (yeah, good luck with that)…



…and I know I’m overdue for some good new music, and I hope this will suffice from someone who I guess is a “gray beard” by now – still has his chops of course.

No comments: