Monday, June 19, 2017

Monday Stuff

Rachel Maddow tells us about the “cyber” guy for Generalissimo Trump who the U.S. House Intelligence Committee wants to talk to, as well as asking the question “Where In The World Is Mike Pompeo?” (and more on the thoroughly rancid Bob Goodlatte is here)…



…and this video tells us about the “Fabulous Life of Karen Handel” (I’m not sure if everyone will get the Robin Leach voice-over reference, but nice try – more here and even more unbelievable stuff here…TOMORROW IS THE GA-06 ELECTION AT LONG LAST! And to help Jon Ossoff one last time, click here...and let's not forget this from Handel also)…


…and let’s also not forget how hugely important an issue this is also (nice job to work in a bit of humor by the guy you’d expect for that, though he’s in deadly earnest also)…


...and kudos to the Golden State Warriors for telling President Big Orange Cheetoh where to go (NSFW - and yeah, I guess you could go either way...maybe if Trump were something close to a typical head of state in the tradition of what presidents are REALLY supposed to be in this country, I would oppose what the Warriors are doing, but he isn't so I don't – I’m probably going back and forth a bit on this I’ll admit, I mean the whole “see the president” thing in general...and Kyle is a little rough on Number 44, but unfortunately I don't think he's wrong)...



…and speaking of sports, today is the 45th anniversary of the ruling against Curt Flood, an All-Star centerfielder for the St. Louis Cardinals who tried to claim free agency rather than be traded to the Phillies – I couldn’t stand Flood for years because of that, but when I learned more about his story and the personal toll the verdict against him ended up taking on him, I was a lot more sympathetic (and for a long time, he was right about many Phillies fans and the organization, unfortunately), especially when Andy Messersmith and Dave McNally did the same thing as Flood three years later and were successful (here)…

…and GREAT commentary here by the Rev. Dr. William Barber in response to the Philando Castille verdict, among other news items…



…and here is another 75th birthday to commemorate, and that would be “Spanky” McFarlane of Spanky And Our Gang (the ‘60s rock group, not the kids show) – this is a really preachy tune too, but it’s kind of my thing after all, isn’t it?

No comments: