Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Wednesday Stuff

Before I begin, here is another “hot take” that I’m sure nobody else cares about (though I might be wrong).

Don’t make excuses for Kathy Griffin (we know what she did recently – I’m not posting a picture…you know what I’m talking about).

Yes, we know what the “Gropenfuhrer” is. Yes, I know there’s no equivalency whatsoever between Griffin holding up that stupid photo and the serial sexual garbage that Number 45 is responsible for (as I’ve seen some people on Twitter who I otherwise respect remind us about).

But Griffin should have known better. And it’s not as if she’s a stranger to this sort of thing - this certainly isn't a "one off." Our side is supposed to be better than that (and I agree with John Amato’s assessment here, but I STILL say that we should be better than that - I also agree with John Fugelsang here).

That being said, you really have to wonder about what is ostensibly a cable TV news station that terminates Griffin (I understand they had the right to do that) but allows a life form like Jeffrey Lord to say despicable garbage like this.

Update 6/2/17: In a VERY weird way, I supposed I have to give Huckabee a bit of credit actually here for making me more sympathetic to Griffin - count on wingnuts to shoot themselves in the foot, as it were, even when they're right, as they are so rarely.

Now to the videos...I think K.O.’s measured tone here about Jared Kushner’s nefarious exploits makes the revelations even more cringe-worthy…



…and speaking of cringe-worthy, Thom Hartmann speaks with Greg Palast about Karen Handel’s nonsense (including voter disenfranchisement when she was secretary of state for GA) in the upcoming GA-06 election (isn't it hilarious in a way to see the redneck yelling at Palast calling him a "liberal"? And to help Jon Ossoff, click here)…



…and with an eye towards the almost unspeakable forces that Generalissimo Trump has helped to unleash (with the awful attack in Portland, OR being the latest episode), I give you this (hard to get my head around the unbelievably inappropriate name of this mongrel...nothing "Christian" whatsoever - and speaking of Number 45, let's not forget this) …


…and I thought this was a nice remembrance of the two victims of this gutless act by Chris Hayes (oh, but “allegedly,” let’s not forget – don’t want to do anything to prejudice the trial and verdict that this scumwaffle deserves – and I thought this was a desperately needed act of kindness in the midst of this horror)…



…and yeah, here’s the latest “do as I say, not as I do” nonsense from President Impulse Control Issue Child…


…and while we’re on the subject of telephones, I thought this was another nice tune by Gregg Allman.

No comments: