Friday, December 09, 2016

Friday Stuff

Yesterday I paid tribute to one American hero, and today I want to pay tribute to another – happy 100th birthday to Issur Danielovitch, better known by his stage name (here), the man who probably did more to break the Hollywood blacklist than anyone else…it would be almost too easy to include a clip from “Spartacus,” so I’m including the next-to-last scene from “Paths of Glory” instead, one of the finest anti-war films ever made – another film recommendation I’d like to offer is for “Trumbo,” with Bryan Cranston’s great turn in the lead; Douglas is performed in spot-on fashion by Dean O’Gorman (more here)…



…and I know I’m behind on this a bit, but Alex Witt speaks here with Dem U.S. House Rep Adam Schiff about Trump and China/Taiwan (I don’t have an opinion one way or another on Gen. Mattis, but the fact that he’s supported by President-Elect Fergus Laing automatically makes me suspicious – really stupid question from Witt about Russia and the hacking related to the election at about 5:40, and yeah, I think it’s fair to say that – another dumb question from Witt later saying that the Clinton team said that the Trumpsters won because of appeal to white supremacists – if I were to try and source that, I’m sure I’d find that isn’t true…what starts off as a good interview goes bad in a hurry, but I’m including this because I genuinely respect Rep. Schiff)…



…and the more I hear about the smear campaign organized against Dem U.S. House Rep Keith Ellison (running to be head of the DNC), the more I think that he’s the right man for the job (NSFW)…



...and I give you Ari Melber on “Jade Helm” and other right-wing nutjob conspiracy theories, leading to “fake news” (speaking with Michael Beschloss)…



…continuing, Thom Hartmann tells us the heroic story of Sophie Scholl, executed by the Nazis, author of the letter against them he reads, leading into Danielle Muscato torching Generalissimo Trump on Twitter…



...and K.O. returns with commentary #9 in his series "The Resistance" (NSFW - what a nightmare - oh, and by the way, I’m getting really, REALLY tired of hearing about how Dems are supposed to now completely and utterly suck up to elderly white conservatives who still have their fee fees hurt over the last election even though The Big Orange Cheetoh (ostensibly, THEIR GUY!) “won” – I’ve got a two-word response, and it’s not “happy birthday”… )...



Update 12/11/16: And with that in mind, I give you this great post mortem.

...and here are two seasonal selections.



No comments: