Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wednesday Stuff

(I also posted here.)

Food for thought...the next time you hear people bitch about how awful Philly sports fans are (they booed Santa Claus!!! And yeah, we’ve had our moments – so what?), show them this clip – Chase Utley, now of the Dodgers (don’t get me started on “the slide”), returned to Citizens Bank Park last night, hit two home runs against the Phils (the second a grand slam – a “four bagger” was also Utley’s first major league hit against CO in ’03, by the way)…and he got not one but two “curtain calls” from the fans in response – you win in this town and they’ll love you forever…



…and returning to stuff more in my line, it looks like "The Donald" did it again on race in a recent speech in Milwaukee, and fortunately, Van Jones stood up and responded here (and, for the record, I should point out that I will never give a crap about anything Ana Navarro has to say ever again)...



...and Rev. Al talks to Georgetown Law Center Professor (and former Federal prosecutor) Paul Butler about President Obama’s efforts to help combat policing abuses of African Americans in this country (and yes, I think that’s an appropriate description of what’s going on)…



…and I seriously hope that this clip isn’t the reason why Larry Wilmore was cancelled (here) – would be pretty damn pathetic if that were true…



…and I honestly think that more people than we realize go into politics to try and change things for the better (of course, how that turns out is often another story), and I think, if nothing else, this gives us a glimpse of the path that the Democratic Party’s nominee for president has taken to get to this point (and yeah, I pretty much believe all of this – if somehow any of this ends up proven wrong, I’ll make note of that)…



…and kudos to Natalie Maines for reminding us here of the double standard of those cheering for “Fergus Laing,” many of whom once agreed with the “shut up and sing” sentiment noted in this song.

No comments: