Friday, August 19, 2016

Friday Stuff

Happy 70th Birthday, Bubba



…and a happy belated 80th to movie icon and environmentalist extraordinaire Robert Redford



...and not only is this incredibly NSFW clip from John Oliver laugh-out-loud funny, but it also makes fun of true cretins who desperately need to be made fun of, namely the API (I couldn’t stand that coffee shop ad, just to let you know)…



…and I give Joy Reid credit for holding this Trump campaign nematode to account here, even though this person did manage to sneak in a few uncontested BS right-wing talking points, particularly about Number 44 and Iran (here) – Steve Cortes can try doing all the verbal back flips that he wants, but what he’s really saying is that “Fergus Laing” is running what I believe is the highest-profile right-wing nationalist presidential campaign this country has ever seen…



…and it looks like the UK, to its credit, is leaving this country behind when it comes to green jobs, as Thom Hartmann explains…



…and I’m not commenting on the merits of trying to blow ISIS to smithereens, as they say, but I would only point out that, when we do stuff like that, there are often unintended consequences…wouldn’t it have been nice if our media had actually tried to cover that, to say nothing of a sane opposition major political party articulating reasonable concerns?...



…and happy World Humanitarian Day (here)…



…and I’ve had this book on my night stand for a little while now – hopefully I’ll start it before the year ends.

No comments: