Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thursday Stuff

This is definitely a movie I plan to see – of course, I’m sure conservatives will do all they can to quash it (re, Dubya and the National Guard stuff from 2004); definitely a story that needs to be looked at again, and to hell with CBS’s right-wing self-censorship – sorry, but I can’t locate the video of Rachel Maddow talking to Dan Rather…



…and it’s good to know that Stephen Colbert is still awesome (re, The Donald and how he thinks $1 million is chump change, or something)…



…and John Iadarola explains how those red states that chose not to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Law are paying for it over and over and over and over…



...and kudos to President Obama for this - despite some missteps such as the TPP, I sincerely hope he gets the credit he deserves at some point in the future, since he sure as hell isn't getting it now; what that man has done given what was handed to him (and I know it wasn't all him of course), is miraculous (though, to be fair...)...



…and I give you the following retro video from the New York Times – the whole Parents Music Research Center stuff with Tipper Gore and the labeling (which is almost quaint now) happened about 30 years ago, and I like the added historical context with the comic books…some of it was probably justified a bit, but some of it was also conservative excess…P.S. I think Susan Baker, for her comment at the very end, is a thoroughly disgusting hypocrite, but I'm honestly not surprised to hear her say that)…



...and I now give you another seasonal selection.

No comments: