Monday, October 12, 2015

Monday Stuff

I think this is an example of humor getting a little too close to reality - the sad part is that it's basically true (not an excuse for giving up, I wish to emphasize)...



...and good for Katie Nolan, laying bare the hypocrisy of the oh-so-august-in-their-imaginations National Football League here (and Terry Bradshaw had similar commendable words on this subject)...



…and I thought this was a nice report from Al Jazeera America on a program in Maine for teenage offenders that serves as an alternative to prison (always wonder why conservatives don’t advocate cost-effective solutions like this, but I guess their need to look for someone to punish outweighs everything else)…



…and I know I just featured Yo-Yo Ma last week, but I’m going to go against the grain a bit again; today marks what would have been the 80th birthday of legendary tenor Luciano Pavarotti (once more, a bit of culture for y’all - the English translation of this is gorgeous all by itself).

No comments: