Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thursday Stuff

Happy 50th birthday to Medicare (here) - Thom Hartmann wants it to include the public option, which to me is a great idea; he also had an interesting commentary on former Repug U.S. House Rep Billy Tauzin, whose history, to me, personifies the phrase “dance with the devil”...



…and as long as I’m on the subject of milestones, I should note that, while we were away, many of us observed the 30th anniversary of the death of actor Rock Hudson, which brought an identifiable face to the AIDS crisis…



...and in one of her reports dwindling in number that has nothing to do with those idiots running for the Republican nomination for President, Rachel Maddow tells us how VP Joe Biden put the whole marriage equality issue front and center, up to the point of trying to amend the Civil Rights Act to include LGBT folk (I think she ended up talking to Dem U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley - here)…



...and I think this is kind of a nice summer tune.

No comments: