Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday Stuff

(I also posted here.)

(Sorry, but there’s a lot of verbiage to lead off this clip – the more I watched it, the more pissed off I got.)

Want to know why the Dems got creamed in the last election? I submit that part of the reason is because of the unbelievable disconnect between the White House and progressive U.S. House Democrats as evidenced in this clip (yeah, the Repugs are being typical greed heads, but I don’t think that’s news at this point…give voters a choice between Republicans and Republican-lites, and Republicans will get the vote every time, even though we’re going to be continually punished for the result…I have to admit, though, that Alex Wagner asks a really stupid question at about 5:30 and follows up just as stupidly at about 7:00, and why the #@!$ are they featuring Chuck Todd(ler)? – yeah, MSNBC sure is “liberal,” isn’t it…nice to hear Chris Van Hollen complain about the pages in the bill after listening to the Repugs carry on about the size of the health care bill that of course became law…Howard Fineman makes some good points, but I take issue with the entire framing of this clip; I think the U.S. House Dems are the only responsible adults here, and I don’t know how or why they should be held to account if there is a shut down – oh, and let Joshua Green do some framing too against the backdrop of the mid-terms, when in reality, if the Dems – as usual – had the courage of their convictions and stood with Number 44, I honestly don’t believe it would have been quite the rout that it was…not giving Obama a pass for caving and signing off on this garbage, though – one more thing; Wagner goes completely off the rails with her comment about the Teahadists at about 13:00; they came to fruition to oppose Obama and rebrand after Dubya – they don’t have a “populist” molecule in their metaphorical bodies)…



Oh, and by the way, the damn thing passed the House with the help of 57 “Democrats” here (a Senate vote will take place over the next day or so).

And who the hell decided to call this mess the “Cromnibus,” by the way? It sounds like one of the last emperors of Rome before it was overrun by the Huns...

…switching to a whole other topic, I think there have been times when Time Magazine really blew it with its Person of the Year selection, but I think they really nailed it in the best way possible this year…



...turning to the seasonal stuff, I give you a truly original "big man" (and born in Philly too)...



...though if you prefer something more mellow, I give you this.

No comments: