Friday, May 02, 2014

Friday Stuff

Geez oh man, it looks like it’s all BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI anymore among our Beltway media political industrial complex, as noted here – easier to focus on that I guess instead of “dumb” stuff like, y’know, the deterioration of our environment, decreased opportunities for our kids graduating from colleges and the overall collapse of the middle class while we descend into an utter plutocracy.

With that in mind, I think this is a timely clip once more (and this is about as much of Charles Cooke as I can tolerate, by the way – always worth it to hear Glenn Greenwald, though)…



…and the contest for the next mayor of Newark, NJ is something that is barely on my radar, as it were, but I still think that it’s important to give a bit of a push to Ras Baraka, if for no other reason than the fact that his opponent is a pal of “Governor Bully,” as noted in the ad (here)…



…and I don’t want to let the week end without nothing these recent laudable words from retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens (and bravo to Cenk for this)…



...and from the “disillusioned words like bullets bark” file (here), I give you this.

No comments: