Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday Stuff

OK, I was a bit too dismissive of the State of the Union address last night, I’ll admit – however, it sounds like I didn’t miss anything from “the loyal opposition,” as Cenk Uygur tells us here (I think this starts a play list, just so you know)…



…oh, and here are the commendable highlights from Number 44…



…besides, if anyone out there needs a reminder of how much President Obama “stands up” on occasions like this, as opposed to his ruinous predecessor – well, here is an unpleasant stroll, if you will, through recent history (I’ve always said that the 2003 State of the Union address was one of the most grotesque examples of wall-to-wall lies ever seen, and I stand by that completely...try not to retch as you listen to the reasonable explanation from Peter Mathews that turned out to be almost completely true)…



…and the clip of Pete Seeger that I included last night wasn’t bad, but I thought it would be better to include one from his heyday if you will – check out the parts where he speaks and continues to play the banjo with one hand.

No comments: