Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday Stuff

I’m not sure what words I can provide to do justice to this anniversary, so instead I’ll just show this clip…

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


...and I give you a “don’t know much about geography” Teahadist and “Calgary” Cruz supporter here



…and boy, is it good to see a Repug being attacked over an anti-environmental policy as Mike Coffman is here (“this is a recording, this is a recording”)…

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


…and I was really sorry to hear about this concerning Linda Ronstadt; she sang many types of music, but of course she’ll probably be regarded eventually as the pre-eminent “California rock” (whatever that is exactly, I’ll admit) female vocalist (or vocalist overall) of all time…in the documentary about the rock group The Eagles on Showtime, Glenn Frey and Don Henley recalled how she helped them by adding them to her touring band (along with Bernie Leadon also, I think), and when they decided to go on their own, Ronstadt was very classy and supportive of them, even taking their more-or-less throwaway song “Desperado” from their ill-fated second album and turning it into a gigantic hit…all the best to her (I don’t know anyone who sang “cover” songs better, including this one).

No comments: