Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Stuff

More "past is prologue" stuff with Hosni Mubarak Walker (again, unbelievable that this somehow didn't come out in the campaign last year)...



...and this is a charming little film clip of a Koch Brothers stooge in action (I wonder if he realizes how he's unintentionally impugning the intelligence of the teabaggers with these remarks, saying you have to "break it down" for them as opposed to getting the racist-sign-and-funny-hat crowd to just yell about taxes...and "a funny thing happened in 2009"? Seriously? Private sector union membership has been falling off the proverbial cliff for decades)...



...isn't it a pity, though, that conservatives love to absolutely fellate in a metaphorical sense (and literally I'm sure if they could) The Sainted Ronnie R on most right-wing hagiography, but not when it comes to unions, as noted here...



...and finally, I have to explain this a bit...I'm totally clueless on the movies, performers, etc. nominated for the Oscars that will be handed out on Sunday, but if I were interested in seeing one movie in particular, it would be "The King's Speech," since anything with Geoffrey Rush in it is bound to be good (I'm sure "The Social Network" is enjoyable also, but I'll get to that one of these days).

So, for the occasion, I tried to find something with a royal theme of sorts, and I found this (and when it comes to the nominated songs, I really don't care...don't get me started on something like "Country Strong"; but not "strong" enough for The Dixie Chicks, of course). I fully realize that it has absolutely nothing to do with "The King's Speech," but I like it anyway, so here it is.

No comments: