Thursday, October 16, 2008

Anything Left To Think About Here? (updates)


Eugene Robinson of the WaPo here (registration required)...

McCain started quite well, getting off the most memorable line of the evening -- that if Barack Obama had wanted to run against George Bush, he should have run four years ago. From there, I thought, things went downhill for him.

...

Voters heard Democratic Party ideas juxtaposed against Republican Party ideas. That, more than grouchiness or demeanor, is what worked against John McCain and led respondents in the network instant polls to overwhelmingly favor Obama.
And Joe Klein "finds the nut" (here - h/t Atrios)...

The point is, this is a very good year to be Senator Government. Ronald Reagan used to say that the most frightening nine words in the English language were "I'm from the government and I'm here to help." That is no longer true. This year, the most frightening eight words are "I'm John McCain and I approved this message."
20 days to go...

Update 1: And as far as this "Joe The Plumber" business is concerned (here)...

Update 2: Gee, I wonder what McBush was going for here (h/t Atrios)? Quasimodo in search of a bell ("sanctuary, sanctuary!")?

Update 3: Here's more on the "real story" concerning "Joe The Plumber" (and I wholeheartedly agree).

Update 10/17/08: And how interesting is this? (h/t "Countdown" last night).

No comments: