Friday, September 05, 2008

Friday Stuff

Give 'em hell, Joe, whether they know that's what it is or not (h/t The Daily Kos - the volume gets louder about halfway through; dag, he was right down the street from me, more or less)...



...now first, here is the 9/11 "tribute" video shown at the Repug National Amnesia Festival ("tribute" to whom, I wonder? Utterly contemptible - "a president who knows how," or whatever? Too afraid to come right out and plug McBush?)...



...and, as usual, K.O. hits the perfect tone in his response...



...and I realize that it gets a bit pointless and stupid at times to keep noting that Fox Noise is the media operation for the Rethuglican Party masquerading as a news organization, but we do what we must...



...and as a tribute to Bill Melendez, here is the final six minutes or so of "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"...



...and to take us into the weekend with style, here's Chris Isaak ("Diddley Daddy," on "Soundstage"; I have no clue about his politics, but I just like his music).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I attended the event. It was a packed house. He took questions from the floor but since he gives long answers he only got to take 3...and I tried to get one of them but didn't get called on.
What was neat was at the end he did not rush out..he stayed and talked to people who gathered around him. It was pure providence. I got right in front of him..and he took my hand to shake it and I told him I wanted to speak to him..and he gave me his attention so I quickly said that on behalf of all the good fathers in the country who also want to put their kids to bed at night the way he does he needs to fix act 458. I said these are not dead beat dads, they are beat dead dads. He knew what I was talking about. And he said it was being worked on, and to tell my son it would be fixed.
I would like to believe he was not giving me a politically correct answer. But at least I felt I got my 2 cents in and will continue to petition the legislators to do what is right and fair for fathers and children.
The secret service guys were not rude..but lots of them. They are so obvious. Dark suits, perfect ties..and shined shoes. And the ear piece wire running down under the jacket.
I also volunteered to give time to the campaign. It should be interesting. Is this how the "barracuda" got started?