Friday, May 16, 2008

Revisiting The Mike Allen Horror Show

Aside from Dubya’s typically disgusting copouts on Iraq and his lie about giving up golf for the war (still almost too unbelievable for words, though K.O. still managed to summon ample language in his spirited evisceration yesterday), there was this choice excerpt that I wanted to note in that wretched interview (I could probably spend the rest of my life refuting Dubya’s propaganda and utter lies, but after awhile you start feeling like all you’re doing is punching a wall made out of Nerf)…

Q: Mr. President, I know you're not going to believe this transition, but the Congress and Democrats now have been in charge for the Capitol for 18 months. I wonder if you care to give them a grade.

Bush: Well, one thing is for certain, Michael, that I've laid out a very aggressive agenda: a trade agreement with Colombia to help our economy continue to grow; making sure we got the tools necessary to protect our country from attack; supporting our troops in harm's way. And there hasn't been much action. And we got a housing crisis, and I proposed a reasonable set of reforms. And so I would call them stalled. I would call them, so far, good at verbiage and not so good at results.
Well, here is a list of "results" from last June and an update to that (a mixed bag, I’ll admit) from last December (better have someone help you read it, Dubya - it goes beyond the length of a Bazooka Joe Bubble Gum cartoon).

And concerning the housing crisis, this tells us of the rescue plan crafted by Senate Banking Committee Chairman Chris Dodd along with the committee’s top Repug, Richard Shelby.

Which, of course, faces the inevitable veto threat from President Clueless.

(Oh, and by the way, you morons, this is Chase Utley from the Phillies, not “Ottley” – way to “fact check,” people; a minor point I know, but it still bugged me.)

1 comment:

JohnW1141 said...

Mike Allen of The Politico is a closet Republican. I had a run in with him when he was a guest on C-SPAN when I made a case against Rove. As soon as I mentioned Rove's name he was quick to the defense accusing me of being one of those who blame Rove for everything. I had just started my comment when he broke in and said that.

I've been watching him ever since, hes Republican friendly.