Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday Stuff

I really haven't had time to expound on the departure of Rudy Giuliani from the presidential race - not soon enough - so I thought I'd bring back this ad from the early '90s instead while everything was still peachy with second wife Donna Hanover...



...and the Tet Offensive began 40 years ago on or about this day (and it was a huge military loss for the North Vietnamese, but it created enough of a media splash here to make many in this country question and/or actually protest the Vietnam War if they hadn't done so already).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt now. McCain will be the nominee and for certain he will take Guiliani as running mate. Guiliani will take it gladly expecting McCain to die in office or at least be in a position to run for presidency from a vp position if McCain goes to the end still standing.
At the scene of the endorsement love fest with Schwartzy, McCain referred to Guilani as my friend and comrade. Hmmm...I waited for the "media" to pick up on that but I didn't hear anything. What was Guiliani even doing there after withdrawing? Did anyone ask?

doomsy said...

Maybe the silence was sort of a “wink, wink” thing as if they thought something was up but decided not to be impolite enough to ask, instead letting St. McCain play this out the way he wants. As we have been reminded over and over, our august corporate media just loves this man.

I don’t know if Giuliani will get the VP slot, though. I think McCain will be looking to shore up his wingnut bonafides particularly because of his fairly sensible immigration policy, and I think Giuliani has more baggage than he does with “the base.” We’ll see – I think it will turn out to be a tussle between McCain and Romney, with Huckabee indirectly helping The Mittster – unless Huckabee drops out, and it will be even more obvious at that point.