Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Brief Thought On Tom Manion

I’ll be respectful towards the declared Repug opponent against Patrick Murphy for the 8th district seat in Congress (ignoring Madden and Lingenfelter for now) as long as he acts in a similar manner, but I must point out something based on this Philadelphia Inquirer story (and I’ll also ignore for now Manion’s laughable claim that somehow Patrick Murphy is responsible in part for the partisanship in Washington, D.C., though Manion has to run on something, I realize - Brian Scheid and the Courier Times have more here)…

(Tom Manion) moved to Bucks County with his wife and two children in 1990, when he joined Johnson & Johnson (Manion is an executive with the big pharma company).
OMG, you mean Manion isn’t “a lifelong resident of Bucks County” like the beloved Saint Mikey?

Well then, I’m sorry, but I have no choice then but to trump up the admittedly idiotic story line that Manion was “dropped into” our district by the Republican National Committee during the presidency of Poppy Bush as a sleeper of sorts, to be sprung into action when his party needed his services as they do now.

I mean, how much did we read about how Patrick was “dropped into” our district by Nancy Pelosi and the national Democratic Party two years ago; see, Patrick is not a “lifelong resident,” which is definitely a slur of sorts in these parts, as noted here.

And now, apparently, it turns out that Manion isn’t either.

Just file this as another double standard of the “do as I say, not as I do” Republican Party, then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahah, that's hilarious.

Yes, PA politics tends to be parochial, and Bucks County is no exception.

However, I think it backfired for former Rep. Fitzpatrick, seeing as Bucks County's population has swelled due to the "outsiders" from Phila. and N.J.