Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Videos

Re-Flex ("The Politics Of Dancing" - I think we've seen some of that on display over the last week in particular, but the problem is that this is 2007, not 1983, and we just can't put on our jump suits and our Ray-Bans, go outside and dance/rollerblade our problems away any more like we used to)...



...OK, rant mode off; Happy Birthday to Paul Weller of The Jam ("Man In The Corner Shop" live, a great song with not the best production here, unfortunately - click this link if you want to read the lyrics)...



...Happy birthday also to Mike Myers (hope the new Shrek movie continues to do well; here he is on SNL as Mick Jagger and Jagger himself as Keith Richards, who is also in a big new summer movie of course; God, this is funny)...



...and finally, I just didn't have it in me to say anything about the 30th anniversary of "Star Wars" today, so I'll just link to this riotous bit from Triumph The Insult Dog busting on a bunch of geeky fans here instead (there was once a time when I could have slipped into this mode, but fortunately I discovered alcohol).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nice selection of videos, to be sure.

BTW, I noticed you had left a comment at Media Needle, which has been hijacked by some cretin. My new blog is here.

doomsy said...

Thanks a lot for the good words and the updated link (yeah, I didn't recognize the user ID, so I had a feeling that person wasn't part of the original site; probably no chance of him bothering to educate himself about John Edwards, but all I can do is try).